It has come to my realization that I (and I may or may not be exaggerating here) am the slackiest slacker in all of the universe. Yes, I said it. I am a BIGGEST slacker out there!
Now those who know me may say, "You have two jobs! AND you are a full-time college student!" Yes, and yes. But here's the thing - I work less than ten hours a week. Why? Because I'm lazy. Oh, AND I am not currently enrolled in summer classes. Why? Because it's the summer. Who the hell goes to school during the summer? Oh hey! What's up, Nerd?
As for my jobs - FAKE! These jobs are slacker jobs. People like me are attracted to these types of jobs because they offer flexible hours, great pay, and pretty much no real work involved.
I work for two direct selling companies. I am a sales person. No, I do not knock on random people's doors, trying to sell them shit. That requires exercise and I'm a slacker, remember? I just call people from the comfort of my own home (and sometimes my bed because I'm too lazy to get out of it). I set up appointments, drive a few miles, do a little show and tell, then head back home. That's my job. Drive, show, leave.
PHEW! Just thinking about it makes you tired, right?
My jobs have great pay (up to 50% commission!), flexible hours, it's easy! But above all else, I AM my own boss! MY. OWN. BOSS.
Oh wait...my boss is a slacker. Damn.
I honestly wish I had a REAL 9-5 job, where I could be accountable for working a certain amount of hours. Because now, I don't have enough money to pay for my college textbooks. Awesome.
So as a slacker, my first thought was "how do I make money FAST without actually doing anything?" I would stick with my two jobs, but I'm really not digging them anymore. Soooo....I googled it.
I found some eHow article entitled 'How To Make Money Doing Nothing' that didn't really help much, but then I found this: http://www.101waystomakemoney.com/ Slacker gold right there, people!
How to make money on eBay, facebook, and twitter! How to make money taking surveys! How to make money BLOGGING! (Yeah, that's right!) And that's just what I found on the homepage! Apparently, you can earn fast money by collecting and turning in scrap metal! There's also an article on how to make money off of youtube. It happens! People are discovered on there all the time. For example, I am a huge makeup fan and there are a gazillion and one makeup gurus on youtube making bank off of their viewers! NO JOKE. They sit in front of a camera, put makeup on, and get a paycheck in the mail.
I might actually try the youtube route. The survey idea isn't a bad one either. I'll probably stay with my two jobs as well, because let's face it - they're not real jobs either.
So here's to my lazy attempt at earning money this summer! Suprisingly enough, I do take schooling pretty seriously. I am a solid A-B student. Come August, I go hardcore on the books. So I'll earn my textbook money working hard as hell if I have to. I just wanna see how much money I can earn without actually doing much first. So let's find out, people!
Money earned (starting today): $0
Goal before August 22 (when semester starts): maybe $1000???
READY. SET. GO!
No comments:
Post a Comment